Coffee Cup Media: 2011- present. Principal, Creative Director, Design Technologist.
- Expert art director, copy editor and interactive and social media strategist, and developer of CMS-based websites.
- Expert in SEO, and common sense online marketing for small-to-medium sized business.
- Designer and developer of branding and marketing strategies, including the identity design, direct mail, and email campaigns
- Fully versed in UX and UI design and development of site map and wireframes.
- Specialize in Joomla and Wordpress platform design and development, web hosting management, MySQL, and the deployment (to date) of more than 45 sites.
- Provide dynamic client training through the use of custom-designed training materials and informational seminars for website operation.
- Perform regularly website security monitoring for more than 20 sites
- Major interactive projects include art direction, UX design, and development of websites for International Institute for Restorative Practices, Reading Terminal Market, TGW Conveyor, Task Force for Global Health and others.
Art270: 2008 — 2011. Senior Interactive Director
- Design, construction, and deployment of CMS-driven, standards-compliant websites, email campaigns, Powerpoint presentations, SEO campaigns, and online marketing consultations.
- Specialized in Joomla and Wordpress open-source content management system design and deployment and fluent in CSS, HTML, and design technology.
- Directed and deployed the redesign of websites for Bartol Foundation, Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, Astral Artists, Episcopal Community Services, and others. www.art270.com.
Thomas J. Paul: 2007 — 2008. Freelance Art Director
- Design and production work on a variety of promotional and informational projects from clients such as Masterfoods (Snickers, M&Ms) and Johnson & Johnson.
- Designed and coded web site projects for J&J products and programs; Johnson & Johnson’s. InformationEDGE and its LifeScan rebate program. 1061 Rydal Road, Rydal, PA.
State & Main Associates: 2005 — 2007. Managing Partner
- Creative Director and Information Technology officer for a restaurant consulting firm
- Responsible for menu design, logo design, business planning reports, web site design, and marketing programs for small and large independent restaurant clients.
- Installed and administered a network of Macintosh and PC systems along with a Microsoft Small Business Server.
- Co-managed team of fourteen employees and interns
Roadside Magazine/Ball Publishing: 1990 – 2007. Founder, publisher, editor, art director.
- Bootstrapped publications exploring the back roads and Main Streets of America, targeting towards an upscale educated audience. Sold to Ball Publishing in 2000, reacquired in 2002.
- Responsible for freelance coordination, production, distribution, information technology, and advertising sales for a magazine with a circulation topping out at 20,000.
- Managed a staff of 14 full-time and freelance employees at any given time.
- Art directed and wrote copy for direct mail piece that generated a 9% response.
- Roadside was featured in Yankee Magazine, the Boston Globe, the New York Times, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, and on National Public Radio, Food Network, History Channel, and more.
- Designed and developed one of the earliest blogs on the Internet in 1997.
- Other responsibilities included public speaking, media appearances, and strategic planning.
- Published in print from October, 1990 until February 2001.
Princeton Financial Systems: 2004 — 2005. Freelance art director.
- PFS builds financial management software for Fortune 500 companies.
- Responsible for the design and production of in-house print collateral and corporate communications.
- Projects include production of program materials for annual client conference (PFACC); product brochures; in-house communications; and other collateral.
Kullman Industries (client): 1998 – 2003, Freelance Creative Direction
- Website design & construction outlining company’s capabilities.
- Creative direction for Blue Comet diner line, an 8-page, full-color brochure with pockets, which included photo editing, illustrations, and copy creation. Produced other company publications including flyers, event promotions, and print advertising placed in trade publications.
Touchpoint Software (client): 1997 – 1998. Freelance art direction
- Copy creation, art direction, and production supervision of CD-ROM packaging for start-up company’s software demonstration. Four-color piece with CD-ROM label is part of an on-going design project to market product for start-up company.
- Designed and constructed original company web site. Company purchased by Sage Software.
Darby O’Brien Advertising: 1994–1997, Freelance art director
- Art and photo direction for Westfield Gas & Electric Annual Report for the years 1995 and 1996
- Art direction for Heckler Brau beer collateral and P.O.P. displays.
- Art and photo direction for Great Barrington Savings Bank print advertising campaign campaign also involving copy writing and photo editing.